Usage & Instructions
Instructions and guidance on how to use the various features of Icon Map. These sections will continue to expand as more content is added. Most topics have embedded example Power BI reports, many of which can be downloaded.
The pages contain initial information on how to configure Icon Map.
- Background Layers - the different map backgrounds that are supporting, including custom URIs and Mapbox layers
- Overlays - transparent layers that can be placed on top of the map background
- WMS - WMS layers for supporting raster layers from GeoServer and other GIS systems
CirclesDraw circles on the map, including formatting options, tooltips, labels and drill-down.
ImagesDraw images on the map from external servers, base64 encoded images and SVG vector images.
LinesAdd curved or straight lines to the map with images or circles optionally at either end.
- GeoJSON layers - externally hosted shape files
- Vector Tiles - Mapbox (Protobuf) vector tiles for large numbers of detailed vector shapes
- Well Known Text (WKT) - Vector shape layers with the data hosted within the Power BI dataset